Alive?

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:06 AM

Is this project still alive, or has it been abandoned? I know there is a large desire to have an ECMAScript implementation on the DLR, I'd be happy to help out as much as I can.

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Hi,

Well, it's definitely not abandoned, we had a strong start in the design/development of the project but a lot have happened since then, mainly distractions. We work on this project as a side project and we are committed to continue working on it as long as it'll add value to the community.

Your help is greatly appreciated, we are in need for that. We choose to open source the project to get community feedback/dev support. The only barrier so far is that we have certain milestones we need to reach before letting everybody contribute, we want to make sure we have a solid design that we can depend on, a basic set of instructions that others can use to extend and all that needs a little bit of extra time, which again, we are committed to provide.

I'll let you know as soon as we reach that phase. In the meanwhile, if you have tips/design docs/feature ideas/priority list... anything that would help push the project forward, please feel free to send to us. We are definitely listening...

Thanks!

Haytham

May 6, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Is it safe to say now that the project is abandoned? The last reply to this thread is six months ago, and the last code update is almost three months ago. In the interim, the DLR has shipped version 1.0, and the current source code will not run test.js using the DLR 1.0 release. There is a need for this project in the community and I'd like to help, but there is quite a bit about the DLR that I apparently don't understand. I love the idea of the in-progress IronJS (http://github.com/fholm/IronJS), but I can't commit to .NET 4.0-only code, and the choice of F# as a development language makes 4.0 a requirement for that project.

--Jim